Saturday, March 19, 2005

Word of the day.

Just used the word schadenfreude in a reply to a comment from my charming nemesis Jo.

I am sure I have provided a definition for this fabulous word before but I really feel like it is something that does not get enough publicity. Who else but the inventors of sauerkraut could come up with such a marvellous expression to encapsulate so much?!

Just as the Eskimos have given us 256,324,674 words for snow (approximately), the Germans gave us "a malicious satisfaction in the misfortunes of others", how cool is that?!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Ahh and as only the Germans could! I am seriously impressed with your use of vocabulary MH.
I might have known you were a girl, your far too witty to be a boy. No malice intended to you our you male readers.

Flash said...

Hmph...
(I'd write a more witty rebuttal but alas I am merely a boy)