Now my inability to remember birthdays, anniversaries etc is well-documented. Just ask Mouse or anyone else I have managed to offend over the years ... but forgetting my own blog's birthday - now that's a new low.
There have been several possible reasons posited for this inexcusable omission thus far, none of which could possibly include:
- The four hours sleep the night before owing to major computer crashes and lecture that had to be rewritten 3 times
- The fact that it was the last day of teaching for the semester
- The fact that Dr Steph and Dr John are in town
- The fact that aforementioned docs drink like fish and dragged me kicking and screaming [....honest!] to a vodka bar for the night
- The fact that the vodka bar has this on the menu:
- (which looks like this when being prepared by a waitress in what, from memory, strongly resembled a french maid's outfit):
- Or the fact that it seemed like a good 'nightcap' after a couple of vodka shots, a large vodka cocktail and some more shots (errr...and the drinks that somehow happened before heading out)
- Or that, after terrorising a number of innocent service workers (taxi drivers and supermarket checkout operators come to mind) some more drinks seemed like a good idea at home ... CS cowboys anyone?
- ... as did playing with sparklers on the deck at 1am