Sunday, January 08, 2006

Remembering all those we enjoyed together...

It seems my fondness for poorly translated engrish kitsch is becoming well-known among my friends and associates. A number of my xmas presents this year were engrish themed - and bloody magnificent they are too!

Exhibit A is quite possibly the sexiest clock I have ever seen - it is now hanging on my dining room wall kitsching up what is otherwise quite a classy room. The text in blue (double click the image to see a larger version) reads: "Happy to you. Young blood conviviality infinite. Best." which I find rather profound, in combination with the coke bottle-shaped pendulum.

Props and big ups to Shaun the eagle-eyed shopper who nabbed this for me somewhere in the motherland and posted it all the way to Oztraylia!

I have attached a scan of the box and a closeup of the text on the face - no further explanation needed - just enjoy its engrish magnificence :-)



No comments: