Saturday, January 21, 2006

Every kowlage acquired is not lost.

I dearly wish I could lay claim to having taken this shot but I cannot tell a lie - it comes courtesy of the fabulous Dr Steph who took it by accident whilst hanging out in Nigeria (her current lunatic assignment that provides me with no end of amusing emails).

It is truly a parable for our modern times - and it really resonates with a post-grad student such as myself who has been working to acquire my own little kowlage collection over the last few years. [beats chest in fit of academic fervour]

Steph has suggested the term 'Nigrish' for this particular sub-species of Engrish - and I rather like the word - not least cos' it sounds just a little rebellious.

Squint and enjoy.

2 comments:

Flash said...

I've been looking at this photo for about a week now and still can't work out why that guy is holding a cardboard box up above his head? That can't be the easiest way to carry it, and it doesn't look like a very impressive offering to the Gods...
Maybe it contains a chocolate cake and he's expecting a flood of small children to come rushing around the corner?
Or maybe it contains a solar powered radio?

Anonymous said...

Alas, Flash,'tis nothing so interesting. This is Africa - they carry things on their heads, the box is just on its way up there