Monday, May 15, 2006

Sign language Oztraylia-style

The country in which I have resided for the last two and a half years is one of many contrasts. The city I live in is one of the coolest in the world (in my expert opinion) but the rest of the country is essentially redneck bogan-ville (bearing in mind that I am in no way prone to sweeping generalisations). Great scenery but you'd better keep your banjo close to your person if y'know what I mean.

But...

...what I will grant the Aussies is that they do a very nice line in entertaining signage.

Whether its to-the-point warnings about killer wombats (Ballarat) and cliffs (Great Ocean Road):





Inspirationally-labelled natural attractions (Tasmania):



A little 'local' humour and safety advice (Great Ocean Road):


Or just plain old-fashioned confusing and bizarrely prioritised tourist signs (Great Ocean Road):


Seeeeeeee - it's not ALL bad. Let it not be said that I don't give credit where credit's due.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»