Thursday, August 11, 2005

Makin' love was just for fun.

Anyone who has had the pleasure of hanging out with me for any length of time will know that my anal-retentive tendencies surface on a reasonably regular basis. Two of the ways that these tendencies manifest themselves are via an unhealthy interest in stationery products and a passion for awful english translations.

So, as you can imagine, Vietnam is the source of much pleasure for me in this department - and this finding was a keeper.

This picture is of the cover of a letter pad that I bought from my local Thang Long stationery store (I have no idea what Thang Long means but it gets me to the right place with the xe om motorbike taxi guy).

It is very cute and says 'Happy for you' with a charming teddy bear set against text in the shape of a heart which reads 'To tellthe starsa bovedon't forget' - which I find very meaningful.

But what makes this little puppy REALLY special is that, if you look closely at the watermarked text in the background (circled in the picture for your enlightenment cos' i'm pretty sure it's illegible) - it reads:

'Mak'in love was just for fun'.

Not sure if my partner was too impressed when I sent him a letter on it but it amused me no end!

No comments: