Friday, April 22, 2005

Not all that goes brooooooooom is made of speed.

I resent the automatic implication that scooter rider = speed freak.

Tezza and I have discussed this many a time and I am proud to stand on my soap box and say that I do not like going fast on my scooter. There, I've said it.

Sure, I like zipping around - but zipping is very different to belting down a freeway at a zillion miles an hour - 60kph is the upper limit of my 'feeling more or less ok about being a moving projectile with very little protection' threshold.

So to all the Goonanism and Flash hoons who are raving about bike racing (yawn, boring!) let it be known that speed is not everything.

Hence the fact that I felt only mildly inferior last night when I found myself burning off a guy on the street near my home.

Why inferior you may ask? Well he won of course, but the fact that he was on a bicycle made it sting just that little bit more.

2 comments:

Flash said...

Oh dear....
You know an expansion chamber and pimolli kit would give you enough extra grunt to beat bicycles!
;-)

Hammy Goonan said...

As they say life beings at 200 km/h.

...I still hate scooters.