Sunday, February 05, 2006

Let the Thaigrish begin!

OK - so I just got back from 10 days in Thailand, evenly split between family time on Koh Samui and slightly less honourable pursuits in Bangkok.

Regardless of where I was, however, it was an opportunity to indulge in a little (well, ok, a LOT) Engrish collecting (Thaigrish?). On Samui every other shop is proudly proclaiming something pretty damn funny - and in Bangkok the mates who I met up with dragged me around every mall in town - which is rather handy cos' Thailand does a REALLY nice line in idiotic engrish t-shirts...which I have risked life and limb and disapproving stares from shopkeepers to collect for you.

And now, because it is my blog and I can cry if I want to (sorry, random age-showing pop cult ref in there for good value), I am going to inflict them ALL on you - ahhhhhh, the slide show of the new millennium.

So let's ease into it gently - with a little competition. My shout to the person who can tell me what a wodoct is when it's at home (and no, don't cheat by googling it - I am the first person to write this word on the internet it seems!). Whatever it is, I reckon it's a pretty profound thing to say on a t-shirt.



...and some more t-shirt fun:






More to come soon :-)

No comments: