Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Not suitable for readers under 36 years of age.

Fucking fuck fuck fuck.

.....

............


..................

Fuck.


........fuckity fuck fuck fuck.


NZ was fabulous, came back to uni on Monday raring to go, got stuck in to it and got heaps of work done.

Tonight, Tuesday, I had to go to a farewell for a staff member at 6pm and play badminton at 8pm. There were 3 postgrads still in the office when i left, putting my beautiful little 12" ibook G4 to sleep for an hour until i came back to pick up my lappy, bag, bike jacket and helmet before scooting to badminton.

Went across the road and had a good time until 7.10pm when I wandered back across the road to uni and up to the locked and darkened office.

"Hmmmm, odd" thinks the Mad Hatter as she enters the postgrad office. "Someone has packed up my laptop and put it somewhere safe, thinking i wouldn't be back. They haven't done that before but it's nice that they care."

"Hmmm, even odder and slightly disconcerting" thinks the Mad Hatter as she scans her desk and opens possible hiding places for her laptop and notices that her schoolbag and the charger are also AWOL.

"Oh fuck" thinks the Mad Hatter, realising that some asshole has decided to use a key (!!!) to get into the locked room, steal her laptop, bag and charger and wander out the back door.

The Mad Hatter proceeds to verbalise this thought loudly for a minute or too - accompanied by slamming of filing cabinet door and kicking of chair.

The Mad Hatter then calls her mate who was the last one out. We have had the 'lock it or lose it' mantra beaten into us so of course she locked the room before leaving to catch the 7.13pm train.

She left the building after 7pm.

I came into the office at 7.15pm.

In 15 minutes some shit [nastier word edited out on recollection that several family members now read this blog!] with a key has stolen my thesis, my emails and my digital life.

Thank god for backups (the last of which was 2 weeks ago - one week of which was holiday and thus not working time) is all i can say.

Anyone on for a little vigilante crime busting?

6 comments:

Flash said...

I'm good at being a vigilante!! Flash the vigilante
I say we lynch the security guard and the cleaner (just in case).

Hammy Goonan said...

While we're at it could we find the cunt that stole my beautiful motorbike and dismember them?

Flash said...

I'm kinda glad I live in quiet little Snells Beach now...

Mad Hatter. said...

Yeah, Tezza told me about your awful loss...but he also told me about the rather nice agreed price you had ;-) Yay for getting something out of the insurers at last!

Flash said...

ok... you have to blog again now...

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my accommodation sydney site.
Have a great week!